Muddled {Life in a Random Word, Installment 4}

It's probably not considered good blogging etiquette to just drop off the face of the planet without warning or explanation, but as I didn't foresee this particular lull- rather it has happened quite naturally and of its own accord as one week slipped by after another- I had little in place to prevent it.

It is said that a few more brain cells are lost with each pregnancy and I am pretty sure I can verify that fact by how well my brain has been working these days! Not only is there a general lack of energy and inspiration for getting certain things done- like writing, for instance, or making coherent to-do lists- but my brain feels muddled and heavy and occasionally goes on furlough altogether.

Case in point- last week I bought a nightgown for myself and it wasn't until I took it out of the bag several days later that I realized I had purchased a size small. Now, I haven't worn a size small in many a year, much less post-delivery of my fourth child, as is the plan for this nightwear! No, this was not a case of being delusional, it was, simply put, a case of not thinking at all! I was so focused on choosing the nightgown that I liked best from the different choices that once I decided on one, I simply pulled it off the rack and carried it to the checkout counter without even thinking about the size!

This is one of those times when you feel like kicking yourself, only I am not feeling the most agile, either, and the last thing I need is a pulled muscle on top of my other aches and pains.

Oh, yes, and on top of my muddled brain.

So...if you've been wondering where I've been, now you know!

I've been muddling through these final weeks of pregnancy. Looking in the fridge for my portable audio player, sprinkling salt instead of sugar on top of the scones...

And hoping against hope that delivery of the baby will also mean deliverance from other odd and sundry symptoms...

(Did I mention feeling muddled?)

Comments

  1. Joanna-
    I will attest that delivery will help! I'm not sure I have more time for blogging, less if you look at my blog the last months but at least I have a working brain again. I was sure that my many complaints were permanent this time but Ed (and my midwife) told me I'd go back to normal (if I was normal before pregnancy) and they were right.

    Hoping you soon have baby news!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seemed pretty sane to me when I saw you last - I'm assuming the muddledness is not as widespread as you may think, just sprinkled here and there at random moments. Can't wait to meet the newest Hendricks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tea & A Good Book Brewing- Installment 7, Footprints on the Ceiling with a Give-away!

New Words for a New Year

Noteworthy