Countdown!!! {Going to (Home) School, Installment 2}

Elasa has been counting down the weeks and then the days until school is over for some time now, but this week we really are at the finish line, with only three more days of books to go: tomorrow, Thursday and Friday and then we're done!

It is a very satisfying place to be, and I love the feeling of completion as we finish all three subjects (math, reading and language arts) in this final week.

Gavin still has about 16 more days in his BSR reading program, so I am not quite off the hook yet, but I am already anxious to put the free morning hours that should be opening up to work!

I haven't officially come up with a list of all the things that I would like to do (think sewing projects, deep cleaning, freezer meals, a bit of gardening) between now and mid-July, when the baby is expected to arrive, but I have a lot of ideas and hopes floating around in my head, and I am optimistic that having more of a morning in which to work will help dwindle the list down significantly!

One can always hope, anyway!

I was at a home school curriculum fair this past Saturday and had some fun thinking about and buying curriculum for next year, but I'll save all of that talk for another post. Right now I am just sooo ready to be done teaching for awhile, and I want to bask in the glow of reaching this special goal in our little home school without thinking too much about next year!

3....2....1....

BLASTOFF!!!

Summer vacation, here we come!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea & A Good Book Brewing- Installment 7, Footprints on the Ceiling with a Give-away!

New Words for a New Year

Noteworthy