Fun with a Teacup Exchange

It's no secret that I enjoy a good cup of tea, so it should come as no surprise that I am a bit taken with the accouterments of this particular beverage as well! I have never officially collected teacups, but I do have a growing collection of teapots- with a special thrill for finding ones I like at thrift stores- and when I saw a blog that would be hosting a teacup exchange, I was fascinated!

The idea of sending a teacup to someone and receiving one in the mail sounded like a lot of fun...as well as a great way to start a unique teacup collection with teacups that have a special meaning and story behind them!

The teacup exchange was held in March, and hosted by Stephanie of The Enchanting Rose. Part of signing up for the exchange included filling out a brief survey of things like hobbies and interests, favorite kind of tea, ect., and this information was then given to the person who received your name & address, which in turn was very helpful in customizing a special box for an otherwise perfect stranger!!!

The exchange was unique in that you sent a box to one woman, and received a box from another woman, so that you get two new friends through the process!

On the morning that the mailtruck delivered my package, I opened it immediately...and here is what I found:








As you can imagine, it was very exciting to find out who had sent the box in the first place...and then to pull out and admire each item!

My box was sent by young lady named Maggie, who lives in Missouri, and I was extra- impressed to find out that the package had been put together by a twelve-year-old!!! I think it's really neat that a person of that age would want to put time and care into assembling a special box for someone, and Maggie did such a nice job of  choosing things that suited me perfectly, from the dark chocolate and individual packages of tea, to the sweet little teabag holder and 2 magnetic bookmarks- one of which is decorated with an owl!

Maggie and her family play instruments and sing, and she sent me one of their recordings, which the whole family enjoyed!

(Many, many thanks, Maggie!!! You gave me a very special box of things to treasure and enjoy!!!)

I put together a package for a woman named Sarah, and it was a lot of fun to make/collect some things I hoped she would enjoy to put in my box!

I wanted to put some special attention into the teacup since that was, after all, the whole point of the box, so I did just a little research on Sarah's home state of Minnesota, discovered that the state flower is the pink & white lady's slipper, and found and ordered a cup with aforesaid flower on it.

Along with the teacup, I included a gardening apron that I made, some homemade cranberry almond biscotti, a box of tea, and a few notions like hand salve, gardening gloves, and some seed packets to complete the spring gardening theme!




As mentioned, the entire exchange was a lot of fun, and as it added a special element to the past month or so, it has whet my appetite for doing it again sometime!

It is, after all, a very unique way of collecting teacups and friends...two of life's great treasures.


Comments

  1. Your teacup is quite lovely! This was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joanna~~I came to visit you from my dear Stephanie's teacup reveal, so nice to meet you!
    What a lovely teacup, and all those precious gifts to go along with it are wonderful.
    Sounds like you did your homework on Sarah's teacup, and it sounds lovely. My oldest daughter's favorite flower is the Lady Slipper. You never see those here in the mountain's where we live.
    Enjoy your treasures~~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Joanna, what a delight to see what young Maggie sent your way. I must say the tea cup is beautiful! And the extra goodies are simply wonderful.

    Also, the treasures you sent to Sarah are incredible. She shared with me how excited she was to received such a sweet package from you {{smiles}}

    Thank you so much for joining the exchange. It's a joy to see how blessed you were! Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your partner Maggie must be the youngest in the swap! What a pretty tea cup she sent you and a lovely thought to enclose the CD of her family playing for you. I love that you took the time to source the very pretty teacup to send to your partner. This was my first time in taking part and I'm hooked! Hugs Valeryanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packages that you received and sent are both lovely. I love how Stephanie's exchange brings together teacup lovers of all ages! I've had swap partners ranging in age from 15 to 70. I sent Sarah her first teacup exchange back in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie! :) Isn't it fun to see familiar names and former swap partners in the current exchange? Hope all is well with you, friend!

      Delete
  6. That is so wonderful!!! That she included a family photo as well as their music. I'm sure that made the connection so much stronger!
    This has been such a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun to see this post, Joanna! I am simply amazed at the lovely package you received from young Maggie. What a blessing that she was encouraged to participate in the exchange, I'd say she did a splendid job! The teacup is SO pretty, and all the extra goodies are just the right things. :) And may I say thank you once again for the love-filled box you sent to me!!! Such fun, and I still smile when I see or use the various gifts. The gardening apron is serving me well as a sewing apron until I get outdoors. ;) Thank you so much for all the care and kindness you put into my sweet gifts. I hope you are able to enjoy many subsequent teacup exchanges, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tea & A Good Book Brewing- Installment 7, Footprints on the Ceiling with a Give-away!

New Words for a New Year

Noteworthy